SICSA student grants may still be available. Please contact John Tait for further details.
The ECIR 2017 grant program consists of two schemes:
- SICSA-funded reimbursement of the cost of registration at ECIR 2017: for students studying Ph.D.’s at SICSA-supported universities in Scotland only.
- BCS IRSG-funded reimbursement of £500 towards registration, travel, accommodation, and subsistence expenses to attend ECIR 2017: for full-time students from all parts of the world.
Grant applications should be submitted to https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ecir2017 by selecting the track Student Grants by 06:00 Saturday 20 January 2017. Results will be given to applicants on Thursday 26 January 2017.
Only complete applications will be considered.
The required documents have to be submitted in a consolidated PDF file containing:
- a grant application document (PDF)
- a copy of your current student I.D.
- a short letter of support from your supervisor
The grant application 1 to 3 pages (pdf file) should contain the following elements:
- Full name, address, university;
- Date when you started your PhD;
- Topic of the PhD ; supervisor(s);
- Current research, studies, publications, CV related to the conference topics;
- Whether you will be presenting your work and in what form (Oral Presentation, Poster, Demo).
- Why attending the event will be beneficial to you.
Criteria for selection are: relevance of the research topic to ECIR; Masters or PhD year and track record (Preference will be given to students studying for a PhD, at an earlier stage of their career and with evidence of a strong track record for the stage of their career); presentation of a full/short/demo paper; and strong letter of support. Where applicable preference will be given to full-time students studying/working in developing countries and presenting their work (nevertheless, those not presenting at the conference are eligible to apply). Preference will also be given to those who have no alternative travel support. All applicants must be full-time students at the time of the conference.
Reimbursement will be made after the end of the conference upon presentation of the original supporting documents of expenses incurred during the event.
- John Tait (Chair), JohnTait.net
- Nirmalie Wiratunga, Robert Gordon University
- Haiming Liu, The University of Bedfordshire